After 15 years of peace, apocalypse has once again swept the world. Your old heroes can't save you now.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raiding the Mall

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:52 pm

"... Are there worse ways to die?" Yun muttered and quietly walked out of the store, fiddling with the can of cat food in his hands. He collapsed on a complimentary couch and opens the can, tossing on the floor and covered his face with his hands. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Hope didn't answer him but only sat down next to him in a slight daze and let the small cat down onto the floor so that it could eat. She couldn't get the images of the suicide out of her mind. They were forever engraved into her brain although she knew she would see worse in the future. The tears she had held back for so long finally started to drip silently down her cheeks and onto her sweater. "Maybe... They're in a better place..." She mumbled almost inaudibly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Yun put his hands down at his side and looked over at Hope. She looked so much more shaken then he did. He thought for a moment that he should put his arm around her, or hold her hand or something, if it'd make her feel better. He didn't. "Yeah... There's gotta be somewhere better their at.. Don't worry..." Hell had practically already come to earth, there had to be only one place left to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 pm

She nodded and wiped the remaining water on her face away with her sleeve. She took a deep breath to try to calm herself before she glanced back at Yun. "How long... do you think this will last?" She asked him even though she wasn't even expecting a good answer. This wasn't going to end for quite a long time. She remembered that from her mother's stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Yun let out a long sigh and stared at the ceiling, as if he were thinking about the question very deeply. "My mother told me it had gone on for many years, humanity was all but wiped out -- The last time, but then again, it never really ended did it?" He hated to answer a question with a question, but this had been on his mind for a very long time. "I really don't know... Will it even end?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm

The question stuck in her mind like glue. Will it end? She thought herself. "I... don't know..." She mumbled. "At this rate... I don't think so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 pm

"Well... God help us then." Yun stood up and quietly walked past the kitten, still replaying the images he saw in his head. "I'm sorry. I have to go home. I- I can't stay here anymore."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 pm

"Wait!" Hope found herself shouting. She paused out of surprise before finishing her thought. "C-can I come with you?" She asked, picking up the small kitten that had been eating at their feet. "I don't want to be here either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Yun blinked at her. "I guess so... I'm just going to that old Walmart." He said, though silently scolded himself. He shouldn't be. Should've spent this entire time looking for your sisters... Though, he was certainly grateful for her company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:49 pm

"Really?" She asked in a hopeful tone. "That's where I'm going too." With a slight bit of relief, she joined him by his side and headed for the entrance of the mall. "Thanks for letting me come along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:56 pm

"Really?" Yun couldn't help but smile a bit, looking at her. "Er -- Yeah, no problem..." He walked down the halls twords the mall exit, each step away from the pet store was a little more relieving. He looked down at the black kitten, somewhat a little more content now, it seemed. "Are you gonna keep him or what?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 am

She looked down as well, studying the small creature carefully. "I think I just might. It's too cute to let alone in the world. I mean, everyone has to survive somehow, right?" She asked, petting it on the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:58 am

Yun pushed up his glasses. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He answered, reaching his hand over to pet it, but he heard a faint growl come from the back of the furballs throat. "Okay, sorry." He apologized, to the cat strangely enough. He pulled out his blade and sighing, reaching the exit door. "Do, madam, would you prefer to enjoy the scenery and tackle on a few shadows, or would you like to run like hell through the town?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 am

"Um..." She thought. "Well, I can't really do much fighting holding a cat, and I don't really want to die today.." She gave him a slight smile. "How about you choose?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shihong Yang

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 am

"Well..." Yun trailed off, looking outside and thoughtfully twisting around the knife in his hand. He could already see a few small shadows and frighteneers. "Dying doesn't sound to fun, does it? Well, it can't be more than a few blocks away... Let's make a break for it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope Galloway

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 am

She nodded. "Okay." Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself to run. "I'm ready when you are..." She told him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding the Mall   

Back to top Go down

Raiding the Mall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFT3R :: Albany, New York :: Windbreak Mall-
Jump to: