After 15 years of peace, apocalypse has once again swept the world. Your old heroes can't save you now.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for a Challenge

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

Waiting for a Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

December sat in the middle of the arena. It was virtually empty at the moment. She flipped through a text book, skimming the pages. She had read all of these at least twice. She threw it high into the air, quickly taking her sais out of their sheaths and stabbing both covers, ripping it apart. The pages glided softly to the ground.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:20 pm

A voice came from the side, sounding young, but older at the same time.
"Somebody looks a little bloodthirsty," it commented. Another teen, looking 14 years of age, stepped from the shadows. "What, have you not been able to murder people the way you seem to enjoy to?"
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

"I haven't gotten the chance yet." December responded quietly, turning away.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

"Oh really?" the girl asked. She came closer, and her figure was suddenly lightened. She had shoulder-length black hair, contrasting her silvery-white irises. "You seemed so..malicious, like you've had years of practice."
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:29 pm

December looked down at her blades. "I've been working on an old fighting style; Commander Danielle Comet's." she commented. "It's a shame that she eventually took the cowardly way out of the apocalypse."

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 pm

"Yes, that was rather discouraging," the girl commented. "I'm afraid I don't really know you. I'm Wind Sky, general of the Frighteneers. And you are..?"
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm

"December Wolfe. Nymph General." she greeted.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm

"Pleasure to meet you," Wind replied sweetly. "Say, I've been meaning to practice my hand-to-hand combat. Training session?"
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 pm

December smiled wickedly. "Sure."

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:10 pm

From her hip, Wind pulled a wicked-looking dagger. It was curved and steel black. She also put on what looked like old-fashioned brass knuckles, with spikes dotting each ring.
"Ready when you are," she smiled darkly.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 pm

December twirled both of her sais. She dashed forward, hoping to land a hit before Wind knew what happened.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm

However, from years of battling, Wind dodged December, but only by an inch. To taunt her opponent, the 'younger' girl hit December on the back of the head with the heel of her palm.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm

December gasped in surprise. Wind was quick, and she began to question how old Wind really was. December whirled around using her left sai as a guard while elbowing Wind with her right arm.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Wind grunted, taken aback when December managed to land a hit. She quickly retaliated with a feint with her right fist to the left, then nailing the girl in the stomach with a tough kick. It had been a while since she had trained; she need to do so more often.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 pm

December tumbled backwards, but caught her fall with one hand, slashing out with the other. Her hair, which had always draped over her eyes, fell away to reveal deep green irises.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:27 pm

The sudden green startled Wind, and she swiped wildly with her knife, missing by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:29 pm

December quickly regained her footing, and her hair fell back over her face. She took advantage of Wind's surprise, kicking her behind her knees.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Wind fell over, but as she fell, she punched out with her knuckles, hitting December just hard enough to leave marks.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 pm

December was sent sprawling back, spitting blood as Wind's fist made contact. She dropped one of her sais as she hit the ground.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Wind leapt back to her feet, taking some steps back. She bounced on the balls of her feet, no longer looking very smug about training.
"You're not half bad," she commented.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 pm

"I can say the same for you..." December growled, wiping the crimson blood from her lips.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:14 pm

"Where did you learn your methods?" Wind asked, tighening her ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am

"A book." December said. "That book, actually." December admitted, pointing at the broken cover on the ground.

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 am

Wind glanced it, but could hardly make out anything of the title.
"Who's it by?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Abel Callus

Abel Callus

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:29 pm

"It must be some kind of Shadow archives. I couldn't find a name on it. The title is a bit strange too." December answered.

OOC:
After The Apocalypse Rebirth, The Abridged Series Collection
By Narrator
*Shot*

ATA Rebirth Characters:

AFT3R Characters:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Challenge   Waiting for a Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next