AFT3R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After 15 years of peace, apocalypse has once again swept the world. Your old heroes can't save you now.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH Empty
PostSubject: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Shadows oozed in and out of the darkness on every floor of the office building, keeping a watchful, yet lazy, eye on everything. Occasionally, some got into tussles and flew out the windows, falling helplessly to the street below. Some of the night creatures merely lay around, sighing and moaning about how they wish they could have more tasty people to eat.

Something moved in the corner of a huge room stuffed with fallen cubicles. A few shadows looked up hopefully, and a brave one went to check it out. However, they had just missed it.

The girl stood on a wall just around the corner, breathing heavily and trying to stop her heart from pounding, thinking that any moment, a shadow would hear it and she would be discovered. Yet when she heard them move back to lounging, she let out a deep breath to calm herself, and moved along the walls once more. For some reason, the shadows were centered around the middle floor, leaving a numbered amount of their race on the other floors, especially the top floor. That was Marie-Claire's destination.
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:36 pm

"What're you. . " Carissa's voice started,

"Doing here?" her brother's voice finished. Sneaking up from behind Marie-Claire, the twins broke the silence. Carter wore a black v-neck sweater, black jeans, and the same sneakers he always wore, while she wore black yoga pants and a sleeveless pink hoodie. They seriously looked like modern ninjas, especially with their weapons on their person. "Don't you know that shadows can be dangerous?" They rhetorically asked together.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Marie-Claire jumped nearly a foot, whirling around to face the twins, holding her hammer in both hands, prepared to swing if necessary.
"Yes, I know," she sniffed indignantly. "That's why I'm here. Somebody has to take on the shadows, right?" The whole time she spoke, the teen was glancing around, waiting worriedly for shadows to come pouring into the hall through office doors. "What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 pm

"What?" Carter asked, taking out his nunchaku, and twirling it around.
"Don't you want our assistance?" Asked his sister, who almost pricked her finger touching a throwing-knife. "Or would you rather we just. . .go?" She asked, turning away with a smug look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Gritting her teeth, Marie tried to muster as much dignity in her voice as she said, "It would be...great if I had your help." She shouldered the great hammer she used as a weapon. "If you can keep up, that is." With this, she turned and started silently down the hallway again, alert for shadows.
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Carissa shot Carter an indignant look, upset that Marie-Claire turned this around on her. "Oh, we can keep up," She muttered, darting off after M-C.
Carter, who was briefly distracted by playing with his nunchaku, set off after them.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 pm

They reached the end of the hallway without trouble, and Marie jiggled the handle on the stairwell door; it didn't budge. Angrily, the girl kicked at it. At once, it came loose, but only opened so far before it bounced back and shut again.
"Great," she muttered. A couple of curious shadows who had heard the noise stuck their heads out of doors behind them.
"There's probably a body blocking the door or something," MC continued, kicking the door again. This time, she stopped it before it could close, and gave it a mighty shove.
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 pm

"Someone has anger issues," Carissa snorted, and Carter smirked in agreement. Following Marie-Claire into the stairwell, they made no recognition of their previous joke. "Keep on a look out," Carter reminded them dryly.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

"I don't need reminding," Marie snapped. She climbed the steps, spiraling up and up, until they reached the final floor. "Here," she breathed, pausing momentarily before gently opening the door to the hallway. What she saw immediately made her slam it shut again and press her back against the door. Her blue eyes were wide with fear, and she clung to her hammer for dear life.
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

"Well excuse me," Carter coughed, as he and Carissa followed Marie, a few paces behind, up the stairs. "What?" Carissa asked when they reached the top. "What's wrong?" She repeated.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

"Shadows," Marie gasped. "Lots and lots of shadows. They're waiting for us." She placed a hand on the door handle. Her face held doubt, but she was willing to fight to the death if needed. "Whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

"3. . . " Carter started, but his sister darted into the room with a quick 'go!' Carter jumped after her, and shurikens and nunchaku swipes began flying. Gracefully kicking and jabbing the shadows, Carissa worked through the masses with both ranged and hand-to-hand attacks.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Marie-Claire was frozen for hardly a moment before she joined them, swinging around her spiked hammer, taking out three to even eight at one time. The small band worked their way down the hall, until it was the three of them facing a fat shadow, glaring at them angrily.
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

"Uh-oh," The twins said in unison; Many small ones were one thing. One big, powerful one was another.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

"We can do it," Marie told them, never taking her eyes off of the monster. "I'm going to throw my hammer at its face, distracting it, then you two attack from the sides."
Back to top Go down
Carter&Carissa

Carter&Carissa

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:42 am

"Way to tell it," Carter muttered under his breath. "Shoot."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH   Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe the Interwebs still work! *eye twitch* HEHEHEH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFT3R :: Albany, New York :: Windbreak Office Buildings-
Jump to: